Want an amazing job in an innovative up-and-coming Edmonton startup that is flexible, fun, and will teach you new skills? Look no further and apply today!
Yardly | Brand Ambassador Communications & Marketing Division
Seasonal contract with the possibility of extension
Program Dates: April 15-June 30
We’re start up company looking for an all-star Brand Ambassadors to spread the word about Yardly in Edmonton!
Join the Yardly team to help us engage new users and provider-partners throughout the community. The Brand Ambassador position is an independent contractor role, working under the direction of the local Marketing Coordinator to build brand and category awareness, drive on-site app downloads, and convert sign-ups to first orders.
Who we are
Yardly is a fast growing start-up that offers on-demand lawn mowing (and snow removal) service through an app platform—think the Uber of lawn care!
The company was formerly known as SnowTapp but is rebranding for the spring season. www.snowtapp.com
What you’ll do
Grow the market user base by signing up as many people as possible to make their first lawn mowing order with Yardly.
Represent Yardly at local malls, events, and activations throughout the community.
Brainstorm innovative new ways to spread the word about Yardly in your community.
Create new opportunities based on local community knowledge.
Provide feedback to our marketing team and help develop future strategies
What you’ll need
- You have a passion for start-ups, Yardly, and growing the brand.
- You’re an outgoing “people person” with lots of energy and love meeting new people.
- You’re an ambitious, self-driven person who takes initiative and is reliable.
- You are extremely comfortable with technology (smartphones, iPads, Google Docs, etc.)
- You pull your own weight – literally. You are able to set up and transport on-site activation materials (i.e. banners, canopy tent, table, swag, etc.).
- You are a confident self-starter and a team player. You can come up with a plan of attack just as well as you can follow one.
- You are teachable, listen to instructions, take feedback and learn from it, and you ask questions when you do not understand the expectations
- You have an interest in marketing. Bonus points if you have some experience, too.
- You have a flexible schedule and are available to work nights, weekends and holidays, if necessary.
- You have reliable transportation with which you can haul swag and gear. Must be currently enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program (because the position will partially be funded through a federal grant this is non-negotiable).
- Must be 18+
Competitive hourly and wicked performance-based compensation ($$$)
Flexible schedule–part-time, contractor position, work on your own time
Closing Date: Midnight - Friday, April 1, 2016
We will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you don't hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, please assume that you have not been selected for the post.
At Yardly we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and encourage them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Yardly is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Job Type: Contract
Local candidates only: Edmonton, AB
Required experience:Customer Service, Sales or Marketing: 1 year
Required license or certification: Drivers License (Class 5)